Sunday, July 10, 2011

The New Game Plan

First I would like to apologize for not writing on this blog for the past months... I haven't had much of the good vibe going and I don't think it's right to put anything negative here. For the past couple of weeks I've experienced extremes. Both good and bad. And again I've learned to practice how to look at the bright side of things. For anyone I've stepped down on during the process, I'm deeply sorry. 


So is there something new that the awesomemoneymachine has to say? Yes. I wouldn't bother wasting my time to write here if not.


"It's never too late to start again."
"A person with a plan is good enough. The person that has a Plan B is even better. The person who's good in accepting defeat, failure or whatever bad comes in the way and is prepared to make or already has Plan C to Z is the best of them all."


I've decided to be the third person. For the nth time, I plan to start on a clean slate. I have a new game plan which is probably the 10th game plan I had for this year. At one point, I accepted defeat and I thought that there was no longer a way for me to move forward. But then, I have my happy thoughts. Did that Peter Pan song say, "think of the happiest things, it's the same as having wings..."? 


Just a few tips:

  • If Plan A doesn't seem to be working, think of a Plan B. Keyword is think. You don't have to start with Plan B right away. Just make sure you have a plan but give time for Plan A to work out. You might be rushing too much. Law of gestation - Google it. 
  • Don't cry over spilled milk. Don't waste your time blaming yourself or looking for someone else to blame. What's done is done. Get over it.
  • List down your achievements. Look at this list whenever you feel down. Include this in your list of happy thoughts. These achievements may be something small or big - just list every little good thing you did or achieved. One day when you look back, you'll be surprised how much you have achieved and you'll feel good about yourself.
  • Keep track of the people who've been a part of your journey. This becomes your network. Maintain whatever relationship you have with them by regularly sending messages. Do not lose touch.


I've had my own share of faults lately. Actually, as much as other people have made it hard on me, I've made it hard on other people too... if you get what I mean. But now, I'm putting everything behind me and I'll keep in mind the lessons I've learned through the process. 

Let me share a few things that I promise myself to do. You might learn from my mistakes too. :-) I lost a considerable amount of income just because I missed out on these things. 

  • Be organized. Write down every important detail. Save it in your notepad or write it on paper or a white board near your work desk. Make sure these information come in handy when you need them. Don't keep them in a place that you might forget. 
  • Create a schedule.
  • Prioritize. 
  • Reserve a few minutes/hour(s) of your time EACH DAY for reflection or prayer. You can do this anywhere, even in the bathroom while taking a bath. So don't say that you are too busy. EXERCISE YOUR MIND. 
  • Make sure you have some days off for your loved ones. Believe me, MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING. There are things more important than money. 


These are just a few things that I have promised myself to do. Hopefully, I can fulfill this promise. 

Always remember, good vibes will keep you going. Think POSITIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment