Monday, March 21, 2011

Money Machine Part 1

This is just Part 1 and I would most probably not write about this topic consecutively so please follow my updates.

I learned in John Calub's Money Magnet Seminar and I've read in so many books and articles that the secret to gain tons of money is to feel rich, look rich, talk rich, live rich, etc. Let me just say that being rich is not evil. Let's not be drowned in the concept that the rich are evil and they just rip off the less-fortunate. Even the Bible says that God wants us to prosper. Money will not make you evil for as long as you did not earn it in an evil way and you do not use it in evil ways. Pay it forward and be generous once you have the wealth.

I know someone who earns more than a million a month in her spring roll (lumpia, a Filipino delicacy) business. She has a small stall in a posh mall and sells in bazaars too. This girl I'm talking about is younger than me. I'm 26. That makes her 25 or younger. More than a million a month. Spring rolls. Imagine! She studied culinary arts abroad which makes other people think that's how she made it. But I'm sure lumpia is not something she learned in school. I think she knows and she lives The Secret. She has recently purchased a unit in the most expensive condominium building in Metro Manila. She's 25 or under. So how does she sell? Aside from the obvious that her spring rolls must really be very delicious, it's in her packaging. Not just the packaging of the spring rolls but how she presents herself. Even if she's in a small stall in a bazaar or in the mall, when she comes to visit her store which is most of the time, she looks her best. She wears her best clothes and jewelry, she talks to customers in a very professional yet friendly way, she simply acts like a millionaire all the time. So the millions come to her non-stop! If she can do it, why can't we?

I used to work for the BPO industry for quite some time years ago. Dressing up is not really common in almost all the offices I've worked for. Just a shirt, jeans, flip flops or sneakers are okay. I can still remember a few people who come to work in jogging pants or shorts. This is not unusual in that kind of setting. You see people like this in the office everyday, and I was one of them. Those days, my mom would always tell me that I have to dress up more for work. She said that if you dress like a boss, you'll feel like a boss, then you'll become boss. I never paid attention. I wish I did. My mom knew better. She was Vice President of a big bank before she retired. Now I know what she means.

From now on, let us all feel rich, look rich, talk rich and live rich. We won't lose anything if we do that, right? Let's just make sure that we still know how to differentiate these acts from just plain arrogance.

No comments:

Post a Comment