Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Gotta Be Hungry, How Les Brown Inspired Me

Les Brown is definitely one of my inspirations. Possibly more than any writer or speaker. Each time I apply for a job that I want or if I really want something that seems to be impossible, I think of Les Brown's story.

I remember reading about him in the past but I never paid much attention until I worked in real estate for a while. Our boss back then showed us his video and then I never forgot about him ever again. His name might slip my mind every now and then but his story will always be an inspiration.

He wanted to become a disc jockey and wanted it too much that he went back to the radio station so many times until the manager finally gave him a job. He was willing to start small and worked his way up.

This is how our attitude should be. First we should know what we really want to be. Don't think of what your parents want you to be or what you should be because of so many external factors like your education, financial status, etc. If you will be doing what you really want or love, most likely you will succeed and exceed even your own expectations. But you have to work hard for it. Don't be too proud of yourself. Be willing to start at the bottom. Remember, to be able to climb up the stairs, you'd have to take the first step first. One more very important thing, you must really want something to get it. Create that desire within you that is unbreakable by anyone. Not because someone discouraged you, or if you saw someone who failed, you lose your desire. This desire must not be broken or shaken by anyone.

VERY IMPORTANT: It's not enough to just think about it. Practice. Do something that will bring you closer to your dream! Then I can assure you, whatever happens, no matter how long it takes, you will get what you want. 


Here's a short video of Les Brown. Listen to him tell his story. This is what "hunger" must be like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment